THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN
I want to use the very first part of verse 28 for a text
this morning, where Daniel said,"there is a God in heaven." After recently dealing with some folks who, I believe, are a disgrace
to God, Family, and Country. A group of people who do not mind shameing ministers of God. To these people and to all who read
and/or hear this message, I shout at the top of my humble voice, "There is a God in heaven." And He does and will reveal secerts,
He reaches out to sinners, He can and will revive His saints, and He is surely returning soon.
Now as we think about Daniel, we see that one of Daniel's
great traits was his humility. He didn't claim to be able to interpret dreams on his own, but said "... there is a God in
heaven..." I'm glad that no matter how bad the situation gets, THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN! Amen!
I. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO REVEALS SECRETS (Dan.2:28)
1. He reveals the secrets of success (Josh1:8)
2. He reveals the secrets of stardom
A. Do you want to be a star?
3. He reveals the secrets of sin (Ecc.12:14)
II. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO REACHES SINNERS (Rom.5:8)
1. God cares for sinners - (Jn. 3:16)
2. God came down in flesh for sinners - (Jn.1:1,14)
A. God, in Christ, was crucified for sinners
4. God converts sinners today (II Cort. 5:17)
III. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO REVIVES SAINTS (Habakkuk
1. God states His requirements for revival -(2Chron.7:14)
2. God sees the response of God's people to His word and
3. God sends the revival (Only God can send true revival!)
IV. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN WHO IS RETURNING SOON (Heb.10:37)
1. There will be a personal return (IThe.
2. There will be a powerful resurrection
3. There will be a "particular" rapture
4. There will be perpetual rejoicing
There is an ancient tale from India about a young man who
was seeking God. He went to a wise old sage for help. "How can I find God?" he asked the old man. The old
man took him to a nearby river. Out they waded into the deep water. Soon the water was up just under their chins.
Suddenly the old man seized the young man by the neck and pushed him under the water. He held the young man down
until the young man was flailing the water in desperation. Another minute and he may well have drowned. Up out
of the water the two of them came. The young man was coughing water from his lungs and still gasping for air. Reaching
the bank he asked the man indignantly, "What did that have to do with my finding God?" The old man asked him quietly,
"While you were under the water, what did you want more than anything else?" The young man thought for a minute and
then answered, "I wanted air. I wanted air more than anything else?" The old man replied, "When you want God as
much as you wanted air, you will find him."